Toronto, ON: 2015
The Knox Church was originally built in 1820 on Richmond Street and known as the First Presbyterian Congregation of York, Upper Canada. It was later renamed the Knox Church after the Scottish Church reformer John Knox. In 1895, severely damaged by fire, it was moved in 1909 to its present location at Spadina and Harbord, along with its memorial stones. The mixed Romanesque Revival and Gothic Revival building was designed by congregation member James Wilson Gray.
Iconoplast was hired for extensive remediation work to address considerable water damage. The project included:
Bosses pinning & duplication, on-site silicone mold making for various elements;
- Ornaments & molding duplication;
- Plaster stabilization & restoration;
- Painting & patina;
- Replacement of moldings;
- Flat & ornamental plaster pinning.