St. Joseph’s Sacred Heart
We are presently restoring St Joseph catholic church in Canard, near Windsor
- The original Sacred heart XIXth century concrete cast was decomposing a piece at the time.
- Many previous repairs were very conspicuous and failed.
- The whole sculpture was covered with an irreversible coat of resin varnish and sand.
- The coating added to the loss of details due to weathering created a distorted finish.
- The whole coating had to be grinded off and the sculpture had to be completely remodeled about ½” overall the whole surface.
- New hands were made
- The original restored could not be any longer be in an outside location
- We made a mould,
- We made a copy in resin and Stainless steel
- The copy is now at the location of the original and the original has found a new home inside the building away from the weather
- Duration 12 months